Great Product, Great Company, Good Value

Posted by TheGeneral on January 31 2013 | Verified Purchase

First, they list these as a veggie cap which means it is a capsule not a caplet or soft transparent capsule. It looks like any other capsule, but the capsule part is not plastic based but vegetable based. I chose Thorne because of their integrity and quality and research and I wanted a small MV in a capsule for my 10 year old daughter. I have her take 2/3s of the daily dosage. She has only been using these for about 2-3 weeks and here is what we have observed. My daughter says she feels healthier and has more energy. She dances about 7 hours a week in addition to her normal kid activities. We, the parents, have noticed that she is not as hyper and more alert and has not succumbed to any colds, etc that most of her friends have. She also seems to be more alert and not as drained in the day or evening from all her activities. Her disposition is also more calmer and pleasant. In the past with other MVs she would complain of periodic stomach aches or feeling slightly upset. This would make it very difficult for us to convince her to take them. With these, they are easy to swallow, do not upset her stomach, and she sees their effectiveness in how she feels. Even though we still have to encourage her to take her MV it is not such an effort as before. As stated in my review of Thorne'S Basic MV, I think the reason for us and her not getting upset stomachs like we use to from tablet based vitamins that use the lower grade vitamin Bs. Like I mentioned in my Thorne Basic MV review I find the vitamins absorb well and I can tell this because of the color of my urine. I plan on making these our staple MV as long as Thorne maintains their quality, integrity, and value. They are a pricey, but given that they have better quality of vitamins and minerals and it comes in a capsule it makes it worth it to us. The capsules are not large and they are easy to swallow. With regards to iHerb, they are a class act in their customer service and to me they have earned my business especially with their incentives and shipping cost. One thing I would encourage most reviewers to do is invest your time and try to provide more information on the products you purchase instead of just saying how great iHerb is. As for me and probably other reviewers and customers, having informative and honest product reviews enhances this community and enables iHerb to offer only the best and effective products to its customers. Remember, if they can reduce their inventory cost and only supply effective and high quality vitamins, we all win out. It is a true win-win.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 28 2012 | Verified Purchase

Our 10 year old commented that she could tell a big difference in her energy level after taking 3 pills a day for 2 weeks. The pills are small and easy for her to swallow with milk. Compared to other children's vitamins with all the sugar, this one is very wholesome. Highly recommended.

Happy So Far!

Posted by Expat American in PH on July 10 2017 | Verified Purchase

After reviewing the ingredients, I took the opportunity to buy this for my oldest child who was diagnosed with autism by 2 different doctors. Prior to this we had been using Rainbow Light, NutriStart, Multivitamin Powder but with questionable ingredients & not the best pricing, I wanted something different. There have been a lot of positive feedback from others who use Thorne Research & therefore wanted to give them a try for my son. So far we have been very happy with the results. The capsules are easy for our child to take after being mixed in with his breakfast oatmeal (placing it into a spoonful of oatmeal)! Overall the amount of vitamins & the source is impressive, with no other "junk" added that isn't needed. I do use a few other supplements to help him with his condition (including FoodScience, Behavior Balance-DMG & Doctor's Best, Fully Active Folate 400 with Quatrefolic) plus other things most parents should give their children (Nordic Naturals, Omega-3, Lemon). Looking forward to when our younger child can take this (currently trying GreenPeach, Kids, Advanced Multiple Vitamin, Mixed Fruit Flavor).

Childrens multivitamins in gel capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great product for high quality general purpose multivitamin for kids. We use these as a general multivitamin, recommended for Autistic kids (very very sensitive to supplement quality). Our kids (3 1/2+) can swallow these smaller than normal gel capsules, which is great as these can't be mixed with water or juice (taste bad like most multi's). You have to take many of these (we only do 3 each per day instead of the recommended 6) so the quantity in a bottle is great. A good general guideline when taking other supplements - it's good to include a multi as other supplements are likely to leech away some vitamins/minerals. The hope is that the multi limits any potential deficiencies.

Easy to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 5 2010 | Verified Purchase

These pills are easy for my 8 year old to swallow.

this is the best multivitamin

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 18 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is the best multivitamin I ever tried Although i am an adult , pretty enough

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 28 2017 | Verified Purchase

My favorite multivitamin. I dont use them for my child, but for me. Gives you energy, high doses of b complex vitamins. Very hight quality, havent had any problems like with some other b complex vitamins. Great stuff, recommend it.

Best MVT for Children

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 29 2016 | Verified Purchase

My child is small for a 6yo at 15kgs so i started with 1 cap daily then increased to 2 caps daily. I break the caps into a tsp of honey and she takes it without much protest. So far her energy levels have improved. She is calmer and recently someone remarked that her skin is glowing. I have mthfr mutation and her status is unknown. Even if you arent a mutant, the activated Bs are much better absorbed. We are happy with these and will continue to buy these.

Great supplement for kids

Posted by SpiritedEssentials on September 12 2016 | Verified Purchase

I had searched long and hard for a vitamin that had the active methyl forms of b12 and folate for my children and this has been amazing. With the MTHFR gene defect that nearly 50% of us have, it is essential to avoid supplements with standard forms of folic acid and Thorne really has gone above and beyond the average supplement company with making sure the right types of vitamins are in their formulas. It has been fantastic for them and I highly recommend it.

Thorne Research, Children's Basic Nutrients, 180 Veggie Caps

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 13 2014 | Verified Purchase

Kids have 3 each in the morning recommended by our paediatrician so far so good. Many books I have read have recommended the Thorne range best book I have found is Radical Medicine a must read.

1 2 3 4