Excellent activated form most of us need

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Sixty percent of people are either heterozygous or homozygous for the MTHFR polymorphism, meaning regular folic acid is not only useless, but potentially harmful because it blocks absorption of the meagre amounts of methyl folate we receive. Methyl folate, as the activated form, completely bypasses this problem. Methyl folate is so important for methylation pathways, and a lack can contribute to depression, elevated homocysteine levels, CFS/ME, fibromyalgia, heart disease, fertility problems, and a host of other degenerative conditions. This product is so important, particularly since most supplements are full of folic acid which as I said above can cause more harm than good. Everyone should be taking this instead. Highly, highly recommended. Thanks for stocking it iHerb!!!

Superior form of methlyfolate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I found this superior to Thorne's 5-MTHF. I tried Thorne's since it's in capsules which I usually prefer but surprising didn't feel the positive effects that had been experiencing with Solgar. I switched back to Solgar and immediately felt better once again. The chemical composition is different and for me at least, made a difference. The Solgar brand really helps my gut inflammation and clears up headaches but for me needs to be taken and kept in balance with methyl b 12 and the other b vitamins. I will crash and experience muscle weakness if taking metafolin alone but it's a tremendous help if I balance it correctly with sublingual methyl b12 and the other b vitamins.

A must when using B12! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews and information! ♥♥♥

Posted by gettingwell on Jun 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is important to use if you are using the methyl-B12 or the adeno-B12 because it acts as a donor. Folic acid is not going to help; this is what you would want. Also adding NAC is a benefit too to support memory. Solgar has a great line of products. iherb gets my order to me within 2-3 days!!! Click on the yes button if you found this review helpful just to let me know.

Super nutrition for the 21st century.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

A fine product to ward off headaches, malnutrition, and mild depression. Especially effective against high homocysteine levels when combined with TMG and a good all-around B complex vitamin formula.

Necessary for anyone with high blood pressure.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The American heart Association ran a study showing this reverts high blood pressure. This is the active form of folic acid. I have two gene mutations which prevent me from breaking down folic acid to the active form, causing high blood pressure. This is the solution.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband drags unless he takes B vitamins daily, and even that is sometimes not enough. I read that adding a large dose of folate helps the other B vitamins be more reactive. I don't know if this is true or not, but thought I may as well try it. My husband says it has made a huge difference in his energy level. Thanks for this product!

The Best of the Best

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Feb 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The Solgar Metafolin tablets are so superior in my experience to any amount of folic acid or folinic acid that it was obvious the very first day. Lifelong angular cheilitis at the corner of my lips which is a mass of scar tissue now started healing immediately, the skin around my nails and finger and toe tips stopped peeling and was healthy pink skin and I started dreaming normally again for the first time in decades. Despite both methtylb12 and adenosylb12 and lot of other things helping, this kicked my tissue healing into high gear.

Totally satisfied.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was told by a neurologist that I had worked for about this product along with Methyl B and take them together. I found a significant difference and improvement in my overall being, ESPECIALLY poor sleep and bouts of depression and anxiety that I no longer have.

probably the right dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through or recently went through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk. You can even start with a half a tablet or the 400 mcg dose.

good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

You can melt tablets in your mouth. Sweet taste. Same as prescription food.