probably the right dose

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 6 2010 | Verified Purchase

Folate has been recommended to help in depression and may have a calming effect. There is a prescription form of Metafolin called Deplin which comes in 8 milligrams (or 8000 micrograms), but there is a disclaimer that Metafolin may aid in the growth of tumors/cancer, especially in the GI tract (which makes sense because Metafolin is used in DNA synthesis and rapidly dividing cells need to make DNA). Note it won't cause cancer, but it may aid in the growth/spread of a tumor if it is there. Also if you are going through cancer treatment, don't take folate supplements. Anyways, if you want to see if Metafolin may help your symptoms, this could be a good starting dose with less risk.

Excellent product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 27 2010 | Verified Purchase

I ordered these because I read somewhere that it can help with depression. Within the first two days I felt completely different. I immediately felt so happy and at peace with my self...something I haven't experienced in many years! I have taken many prescription medications for depression and none of them worked. It seems that I simply had a folic acid deficiency and I'm not crazy! I really recommend any female who is experiencing sadness or depression to try it. Also, the pills are really tiny and are easy to swallow.

strong and effective but lowers zinc

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 28 2014 | Verified Purchase

Prenatal care, alongside Inositol. Absolute cure for depression. In general, Folate reduces birth defects, enhances digestion, helps prevent anemia, elevates serotonin in the brain, prevents heart disease, and is needed for cellular repair. Its lack usually manifests in heart palpitations, persistent fatigue, insomnia, depression, bleeding gums,in being forgetful, being lightheaded, being irritable, have trouble concentrating, in loss of appetite, and loss of weight. However it lowers zinc, so it must be taken as well.

The ultimate in methylfolate

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 25 2012 | Verified Purchase

Most people and Doctor's don't know the difference between folate/folinic acid and methylfolate. Methylfolate is the most active form of folate and the only one that crosses the blood-brain-barrier. No wonder it is one of the most novel treatments for depression, anxiety, CFS and many other nervous system problems.

Posted by francesjoan on August 26 2010 | Verified Purchase

A retired gynecologist recommends metafolin for healthy aging. I had some close relatives with dementia so this is part of my brain healthy supplements.

Real folate! Not folic acid!!! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on November 20 2012 | Verified Purchase

A must if you are taking b12 and your levels are low! I love the Solgar products. If you have early stage memory problems it is recommended to take NAC as well.

A must for MTHFR 6677 and 1298

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 23 2012 | Verified Purchase

This leaves me with a feeling of calm and wellbeing. I only use 1/2 a tablet a day and it works well. No issues with Metafolin.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 22 2011 | Verified Purchase

Having an intigrative GP, I was made aware of a genetic deficiance and inadequate MTHFR thus inadequate Homocysteine which prevents fatigue. Solgar, Folate 800mcg corrects this imbalance but it has not always been in stock! Thus I take 2x400mcg per day and will likely continue for the forseeable future. Thanks for receiving this important message

good good good

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 9 2013 | Verified Purchase

Needless to say, it's the best folate thing for pre-pregnant ladies and other all women.

good source of folate

Posted by LoyalCustomer on August 30 2012 | Verified Purchase

Avoid folate if you are struck with cancer and undergoing treatments. Otherwise I think this product does what it is expected: a backup to keeping health in check.