Good product spoiled

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been buying this for quite some time, but I just received my newest shipment today and it will be the last. For the second time, some of the capsules have broken in the bottle, covering all the others with oil and leaving a bad taste and smell. Buy at your own risk.

Stimulates APPETITE. Highest concentration of EPA and DHA per softgel + enteric coating

Posted by danarm on Jul 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately, fish oil stimulates APPETITE (makes you hungry). I have seen a study on PubMed stating this, so it's not just a tale. Vitamins also increase the appetite - doctors say it doesn't but if you search carefully on PubMed for each vitamin, you will discover many vitamins have effects which increase the appetite. For example, vitamin B6 speeds up gastric emptying. Once the stomach is empty, you will feel hunger again! Anyway, I still take fish oil for the other health effects. I have studied iHerb in detail and found that this Omega-3 contains the highest concentration of EPA and DHA per softgel and that it also has an enteric coating.. which is excellent. The enteric coating is not as good as the one on the LEF Omega-3, but is enough not to have fish smelling burps, provided you take a reasonable dose of fish oil.

Not so Softgel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These softgels are kind of hard and cloudy. Last time I bought the Nordic Naturals Ulimate Omega softgels (with a burst of lemon) and I really like those much better.