1 out of 3 Nuts Moldy

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm just eating Brazil nuts for health reasons, just two have the DRA of selenium. Unfortunately, a third of these nuts have been exposed to moisture in shipping -- they look fine, but taste moldy :P Apparently, this is a common problem with internationally shipped nuts. I'll try another brand next time.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 1 2017 | Verified Purchase

This brand always seems to have rotten stuff inside (I had similar problems with their walnuts)

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 24 2017 | Verified Purchase

I had stopped using this brand but accidentally ended up ordering this in lieu of another brand. I have noticed that whatever product I order from this brand they always have a few bad/ rotten pieces or nut in there. I had once an exceptionally high volume of spoilt walnuts and now I have am inadvertently chewing on a rotten and horribly bad tasting Brazil nut everytime I eat some. I would request iHerb to review this brand and the quality of products it provides.

Ocean, bleach taste=Rancid. Stay away

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 26 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've bought these twice already and both times they have tasted like the OCEAN. But not in a fresh seafood way, but in a very rancid way. Other people describe it like bleach, chlorine. Well both are right! I didn't know these were considered expired or gone bad until I did some research. They are not supposed to taste like this!