Hmmm

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Well it's a good price and it is a nice quality psyllium. However I have discovered through some reading and googling that too much fibre is really not so great for you. I made a fab psyllium husk powder, almond flour, egg white bread with this and thought I had found the answer to a no grain bread. However, the psyllium wreaked havoc on my digestion, causing weight gain, stomach distension, too frequent bowel movements and a lot of digestive discomfort. Apparently high fibre diets are really not so healthy and bowel cancers are more strongly correlated with high fibre diets than low fibre diets...to my great surprise. So I guess I would say use in moderation and drink plenty of water with it as it expands to about 5 times its size so without the extra water this can cause digestive blockage and can also bind important minerals and carry them out of your body instead of being able to absorb them properly.

nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

gives the bread good texture

Nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

nice to have in smoothies!

Mrs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Not very easy to intake. Granule form is better.

heavy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is good but i must say i find it totally 'blow me up' ... my stomach and belly just feels so bloated and heavy. but i don't think theres' much choice when dealing with fiber. i drink at least 1l of water after it and try to add Aloe Vera juice to my morning regimen.

hard to blend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We have been using whole psyllium husks for years and decided to try out the powder form. We find the powder form hard to blend with water and it tastes even blander than the whole form. Otherwise, it does what it suppose to do - gives you great bowel movement!

smoothie

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

great for my smoothie

Ok, dont like the look of it though

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

its ok, but it doesent look very nice. Tast ok