Posted by TBReviews on August 5 2016 | Verified Purchase

Normally I do not have sleep problems, but I have experimented with KETO diet and it seriously affected my circadian rhythm - my nights were white. Since the diet deprived my brain with melatonin I compensated it with pills. At the beginning it took 60 minutes to feel the effect. Nowadays, I do not have sleep problems, yet I try to teach my body to enter sleep mode before 24:00 and pills are helpful in this experiment. Sleep is coming approximatively 30 minutes after intake. That is my first experience with melatonin, could not compare the brands but I choose Now Foods Melatonin mostly because the ratio price-quantity appears reasonable to me. If you find my review helpful, please click "YES"

did not have any sleep inducing effect

Posted by adhd-researcher on September 6 2016 | Verified Purchase

did not have any sleep inducing effect on me, nor on my daughter another brand with only 0.5 mg sublingual is more effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 19 2009 | Verified Purchase

These tablets do let me sleep better, but they also make me sleepier the rest of the day after I have slept. It seems to make my eyes drier when I sleep, so the quality of sleep has lessened in my case.

be careful of how much you take

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 30 2011 | Verified Purchase

The 3mg didn't really work for me. It made me "out of it" and lethargic the next day. After taking for a couple days, I realised it was affecting my mood - making me depressed. I stopped taking immediately. I rather lose my sleep than feel depressed and lose my zest for life.

Too strong

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 25 2009 | Verified Purchase

The 3 mg dosage is too strong in that it can cause depression. It is about 5-10 times the amount needed.

I had a lot of trouble sleeping at night, but no more!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 7 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night (ADHD) & last night was the first time I've taken Melatonin. It did take about an hour and a half to kick in, but I slept until around 6AM. My Garmin watch shows I only woke twice during the night (usually I wake 10 times a night finding myself wide awake), however I don't remember waking up at all. Recommended! Thank you iHerb - Much appreciated!

Natural sleeping hormone

Posted by desertanddates on August 4 2016 | Verified Purchase

3mg are not very strong so I use about 4 of them to help me fall asleep on bad nights. It definitely works but don't use your phone or have any light in the room after taking them.

Now Food Melatonin

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

Got this Melatonin for my 78 years old dad to help him with sleep. He reported improvement in sleep quality and is very happy with this product. He is now using it every night and feels rested in the morning. Its very cheap comparing to Melatonin sold in Australia and definitely works. I strongly recommend!

Ms. H. Paglinawan

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 10 2008 | Verified Purchase

This has been very helpful in helping me develop a good sleeping routine. I do recommend. I did have to increase the dosage to 10mg a night to get a full uninterrupted sleep. I think it has to be a case by case dosage. Stay well.

this brand did not work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15 2012 | Verified Purchase

i have tried 2 other brands of melatonin that worked really well. i bought this one because the price was good and NOW is a usually a good brand. however these did not work at all for me...dissapointing!