Good for keeping Calcium where you want it and not where you do not

Posted by NBPT10 on July 2 2012 | Verified Purchase

Vit K2 is great for directing calcium into your bones and keeps it from going into your soft tissues. If you have a soft tissue injury, calcium can deposit at the injury site causing healing issues. Vit K2 will prevent that. It also keeps calcium from building up in your arteries. You don't want that! This is how athletes like distance runners have heart attacks. They take in too much calcium and not enough magnesium and K2. I was diagnosed with calcific deposites in my rototor cuff tendon. It has been debilitating. I took this for a few months and my shoulder injury is finally improving. I found the most benefit when I trippled the dose to 300mg a day. For maintenance 100-200mg should be good. This is the MK7 version of K2 vs. the MK4. The MK4 type has a shorter half life so you need to take more of it to get the same effect. I found taking 3 pills a day of this MK7 product is working well for my shoulder issue. For maintenance I will dial it back to 1 a day. Although this is a fat soluable vitamin there is no research suggesting any toxicity issues. People should feel safe taking 2 or 3 of these a day. There is a prominent ND in Canada who has researched this topic and has come to this conclusion. To help insure calcium is absorbed into the bone and teeth take K2 with your Cal/Mag. I gave this 4 stars because contains soy which some people need to avoid. It is not a lot but people need to be aware of it. If a small amount of soy is not an issue for you this is an excellent choice. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Also, helpful "Yes" votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

I like this brand a lot.

Posted by MariCh on August 16 2013 | Verified Purchase

Plaque in the arteries is made up of calcium, cholesterol, fat, etc. As soon as I'd read that calcium can get shuttled into our arteries rather than into our bones if we are low on vitamin K-2, I started looking for a good k-2 mk7 supplement so that I could up the amount I am getting every day as well as help clean my arteries. Update: I'm getting it from my diet now including from my homemade cultured veggies. This is important to take if you are supplementing with calcium/magnesium/d3, however. And k2 is fat soluble so take with a bit of good fats in your food. Just had my teeth cleaned and noticed my teeth felt stronger during the process, less tartar than last cleaning, and no inflammation. Also my nails are healthy and strong. I should get my husband on it.

Nose Bleeds stopped

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with nosebleeds since I was a little kid. Had some rhino-surgery a few years ago for something else, but surgeon said the cauterizing would help my nosebleeds go away. Yuck, but he was right. I still would get them in the winter however. MK-7 makes them go away completely. I take two of these a day and no more bloody nose. The fact that vitamin K-2 is good for my heart and bones too is just a bonus. Those are the kind of side effects I like!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 13 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very important for proper blood clotting. A must have for bone strength and to prevent hardening of the arteries. It also regulates calcium so it dosen't bild up in the arteries if you take a calcium supplement.

Natural form of K2 but slightly low dose

Posted by Michael on June 9 2014 | Verified Purchase

Yes this is the natural form of K2 (MK7) but having compared it to the synthetic form (5 mg) and Natto the dose seems a little too low. I take some Natto about once a week to keep my levels up... but if I don't the plaque on the back of my teeth comes back. Nonetheless I'm sure it's working even at this tiny dose... as if I don't take it the plaque comes back even faster. Wish they'd bring out a 200 ug dose... as this would probably be sufficient. A slightly bigger bottle of the stuff would be nice... as 60 tabs doesn't last very long... and starts to get expensive real fast. Nonetheless this is currently my favourite K2... as the 5 mg K2 (MK4) synthetic while effective is not as nice and the effects don't last as long ie. K2 Mk7 has more persistence in the body. :-)

Lowering blood pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 13 2015 | Verified Purchase

I`m in my mid 60th and these caps. has helped lowering my high blood pressure, most likely due to the decalcifying of the ateries.

Vitamin K-2

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take these together with calcium and vitamin D3 to keep my bones healthy and strong, and to prevent cardiovascular disease. These are cheap but still seem to be of good quality. Will buy again.

It contains animal gelatin

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 11 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good price, but it contains gelatin from unknown animal (now foods don't answer me when I asked the origin of gelatin).

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 6 2015 | Verified Purchase

I feel better, since I take the MK-7 capsules. My heart beat more rhythmically.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 18 2015 | Verified Purchase

If you belong to consumer labs you will know some supplements can contain more or less of stated contents, some rarely contain none like on a vitamin d and k2 supplement review recently one product contained no k2 at all, this now brand certainly does i know this because it effects my I,N.R slightly which i monitor myself being on warfarin, i take this because of the links of warfarin to calcification of the arteries it works on rats so i live in hope.