pre-hypertension

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 8 2011 | Verified Purchase

Firstly I would just like to say that everytime I order from iHerb my goods arrive in less than 5 days. I live in Australia, so that is excellent service. Have been using L-citrulline for about 3 months now. I am 50 years old and pre-hypertensive. 5 months ago I was put on 2 anti-depressants and my blood pressure soared to 160/95 and my resting pulse rate increased from 54 to about 72, even though I circuit train 3 to 4 times a week. My blood pressure medication was only bringing my figures down to about 140/86. After incorporating l-citrulline into my training regime I have steadily seen my resting blood pressure come down to about 122/78 and pulse rate back down to about 58. My recovering from training is a lot quicker, plus i need less break between my reps, which means I can train harder. I dont use it after 2 pm so that it does not interfere with my blood pressure medication which i take in the evening. One of the common side effects of anti depressants is that they are not very good for your sex life. Well after being on l-citrulline for a couple of months, there has been a significant improvement in that department! It works for me. I take 3 capsules mid morning and then 3 half an hour before training. My advice to anyone that wants to increase their cardiac fitness is to give it a try for a couple of months and of course eat a healthy diet as well.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 19 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take these along with L- Arginine. Both seem to work good. It doesn't seem to take as long to recover from a work out and I might be imagining things, but my manhood seems harder and bigger.

Get that blood moving

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 30 2008 | Verified Purchase

Citrulline is an amino acid that stimulates blood flow -- good for people with poor circulation. Along with nattokinase, I use it to avoid blood clots and popsicle feet.

attention athletes

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 28 2007 | Verified Purchase

All male amateur athletes that are serious: add this product to your list. For me, I SUSPECT that this stuff provides the pathway to feed muscles and tendons, allowing faster recovery. The reason why I qualify the above as 'suspect' is because I take a ton of products and there is the possibility that the L-Cit is working in conjunction with other stuff. But, again, all aging male athletes, try this stuff.

A Moderate/25 Minute Burst of Elevated Game

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 28 2010 | Verified Purchase

As a Ph.D Non-Candidate, I have been researching on Citrulline in the rind of Watermelon for some time and also trying new supplments to enhance my bodybuilding career. I do find, taking 2 capsules 10 minutes before a workout, and getting into 13 minutes of the workout, a great deal of sweat begins to flow off my head and my body is primed. Also when stimulated by images of a graphic matter, I almost felt that an apparatus on the lower region of my autonomy was more harder. Regardless, I think this product is a good choice for working out as it increases NO2 levels. My final conclusion on this would be that if you are a 40 minute only weight lifter, this product is phenominal and should be included in your weight lifting program. I do like the catch phrase and it's true "Watermelon is messy, Citrulline is not"

THINGS ARE LOOKING 'UP' !

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 19 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great product. Increases blood flow to the extremeties, hence men will notice things will look 'up downunder'! I take it with Arginine for extra effect. Together they give me a noticable 'lift' at a time in my life where things were heading 'South'. Tends to make you smile more as well....

A good deal

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 19 2007 | Verified Purchase

I take L-Arginine, and realize that taking it in combination with L-Citruline is necessary for proper absorption bythe body. I am familiar with the Now Foods brand and like it. iHerb delivers it at a good price.

Biogenesis++

Posted by StarFire on October 7 2015 | Verified Purchase

It helps to reduce the lactic acid build-up you get when exercising. L-Citrulline supports the optimization of blood flow to the tissues. Ammonia is a typical byproduct of protein in the diet, and citrulline helps your liver take care of that stuff. High levels of NO acutely inhibit cell respiration by binding to cytochrome c oxidase. Conversely, chronic, smaller increases in NO levels stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis in diverse cell types.

cardio health

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 28 2012 | Verified Purchase

this is good watch the 3 part YouTube video about the Nobel prize winner that discovered its benefits along with L-Arginine.

VERY good results - measureably lower bp..take on empty stomach for best result.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

See my review of the Thorne brand of sustained release LArginine product trade named Perfusia - it with this L-Citrulline has done "wonders" for my bp levels. I think this combination will be on my regular reorder list!

1 2 3