No more PPIs for me!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 31 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have had problems with indigestion and a "full" feeling. The docs kept trying me on PPIs, but nothing worked. It seems too much acid was not the problem at all. I was not digesting properly. This product has helped me tremendously!!

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 31 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the only brand of Betaine HCI that has worked for me

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 20 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use the betaine as a very important part of a dietary regimen to control rosacea. This product is affordable and works well.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 17 2011 | Verified Purchase

OMW.... Instant relief!! Awesome product! As a GERD sufferer I don't always get it right, hard as I might try; before I know it, I wake up with the most agonising burn up my esophagus for which I usually get up and take some baking soda for symptomatic relief. Of course, that just makes you more alkaline, so it was time to take things in hand and find a solution. Betaine Hcl with pepsin is fantastic! UPDATE 22/05/2012 For some reason, I fell out of the habit of using the Betane HCl what with moving, etc. Having been chronically ill for many years, and having done juice fasts / feasts many a time, I recently decided to do a water fast. It lasted 17 days. I was extremely careful to break in slowly and properly. Still, as soon as I started eating tiny amounts of solid foods (fruit, green salad) I became aware that I was not digesting my food at all! My digestion was just not waking up properly. At least not until I remembered my Betaine HCI and other digestive enzymes - problem solved.

It made me hungry feeling!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a male 57, and I've taken it two capsules at the start of each meal. I took one more capsule of it when I had more food. The result is great...my stomach seems working normal. Now, I have feeling of hungry when it comes to mealtime that is awesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 18 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product has been a Godsend! Honestly. I have dealt with acid reflux since childhood. i have taken Aciphex, Nexium, Tums. This product has allowed my voice to return, the lump in my throat to disappear and I have energy again.I take one Betaine HCI at every meal. I also open the capsule and mix with milk for my 4-year-old son who also suffers from reflux. Combined with NOW's Super Enzymes you can't go wrong!

Finally feel like I'm digesting food

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 15 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have a lot of problems with digestion. I tried a different brand of betaine hci and couldn't tell I had taken anything. I ordered the NOW brand and I can definitely tell a difference. I don't have the cramps and bloat that I normally get after every meal and they don't burn my stomach.

Great product for Vitaligo

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is what my husband uses for Vitaligo. We have been to just about every doctor world wide trying to figure out what to do and have done some very strange therapies. After many years and many dollars we found that there is an enzyme in the liver that vitaligo folks just don't have and this helps through the digestion to assimilate certain foods. He takes it religiously with every meal. His skin pigment has been coming back but it is a very slow process, but it works just be patient.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 11 2008 | Verified Purchase

For years, I could not eat the spicy foods I love and I still had all kinds of stomach problems. Since I started taking this, I have been able to eat spicy foods whenever I like amd I no longer buy any kind of stomach acid product.

Helps my stomach digest meat

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 3 2012 | Verified Purchase

I recently started eating beef after not having done so for about 22 years. Before ingesting beef, I take a couple of these and it makes it easier for my stomach to digest. I also use it before other high-protein meals.