a must have for anyone suffering from heart burn, gerd, acid reflux, etc.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 24 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am in my 50s and I take this to help me digest my food. It has helped dramatically in relieving me of heart burn and acid reflux. I also give this to my 89 yo mother who was always coughing after her meals and doctors had no clue that it was related to low acid, low enzyme levels. After she takes this, she stops coughing after her meals. Oh yes, I also take digestive enzymes.

It definitely works, but guessing correct dose is a required skill.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 9 2016 | Verified Purchase

I'm still experimenting with this product. So far it appears to be doing what it's intended to do. I just need to get the doses correct, which means judging dose by meal size, and particularly the amount of protein in each meal. That's the difficulty in trying to guess one's stomach acid needs.

Grate product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 4 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very good product. Tested because others have been helped as well. Is a little "pain" to take so much pills (8-9). For me, who eating raw food and no meat pepsin is perhaps not the most necessary, But my acne (which I have in all my life, and probably because of low stomach acid levels and different other unknown problem(s)- not helped by various medical practices) already become well better.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on April 15 2013 | Verified Purchase

Betaine Hydrochloride is used to increase the hydrochloric acid in the stomach to digest our food. It is helpful to people with low stomach acid and we are known to produce less hydrochloric acid as we age. Low stomach acid will result indigestion, food allergies, constipation and bloating. Low stomach acid also makes it difficult to absorb nutrients like vitamins, minerals or amino acids. Most people are not aware that the majority of heartburn is caused by lack of, not excessive stomach acid. Pepsin are added to breakdown food proteins. Proteins are the hardest to break down thus the pepsin comes as an necessary aid. The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), not too big and easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The betaine hydrochloride is best taken just before a meal and more can be taken if needed. Check out my page for more reviews!

Just started using it

Posted by adechamplain on June 7 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for when I eat animal protein in the form of fish (which is the only animal protein I eat) because of digestive issues I'm trying to heal. It seems to do the job and the prices are unbeatable.

Indispensable food complement

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 25 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great for anyone who doesn't digest properly. Starting with Betain HCl and Pepsin might be long as you need to know what is your ideal dosis, but once you know it it's very comfortable. Then with time you start to take less and less.

Works well to digest food! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews and information! ♥♥♥

Posted by gettingwell on November 20 2012 | Verified Purchase

I got this to help digest my food but I don't think I was taking enough. I only used 1 tablet but I probably should have used a couple. Now I have found that these would work better if taken before you eat, and now I take one along with another comprehensive enzyme tablet. If you found this review helpful please let me know by pressing the yes button below.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 5 2017 | Verified Purchase

Always with protein meals

improv your metabolism

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 16 2017 | Verified Purchase

A good product that have helped me improved my metabolism and upset stomach.

Great value

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 22 2014 | Verified Purchase

My GP told me to use this prior to high protein meals. So far the effects haven't been evident, but I don't blame the product, more likely it's my condition.