The taste and smell really bothers me...

Posted by jessie on February 28 2012 | Verified Purchase

Even after mixed with orange juice as some reviewers recommended it cant mask the stench. i should've read the low rated reviews more carefully before buying. from the smell i wonder if this is animal derived collagen.

No effect...

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 28 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this primarily for my hair because of my hair loss. I wouldn't mind the other benefits it is said to provide. So far, I've taken 3-4 bottles of it and don't see any improvements anywhere.

Yucky, Clumpy, Mostly Pointless

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 1 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff was very clumpy and hard to dissolve in addition to having such a bad taste I ended up throwing half of it away after spending days of struggling to take it. I bought this stuff a long time ago. I know better now - the irony is I wasted my money since I was borderline protein deficient so buying a protein powder supp. would have been just as good. I could have also bought more micronutrients that help build collagen and/or make you look better (i.e. 5,000mcg biotin, bio-available silicon... but not vitamin C unless eating lots of carbs since our body's uric acid does the same thing)... and of course to protect your collagen not eating evolutionary excessive amounts of carbs/PUFAs that cause A.G.E.s that damage collagen, nor eating too many neolithic foods & fixing an omega-6:3 imbalance with some intermitten fasting thrown in to get rid of the junk proteins in your cells (in other words, following a paleolithic diet) also protects your collagen.

Didn't work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 27 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really wanted this to work for my acned skin. I diligently took this daily with orange juice on an empty stomach for 3 months, but unfortunately didn't notice any positive results. I didn't care for the taste at all. The powder is difficult to dissolve, so I mixed it with 1/3 cup of hot water until the water became clear, then added orange juice to it. For me, drinking warm orange juice was better than tasting the collagen. While I was taking this I developed even worse cystic acne. It's been about 1 month since taking this and my cystic acne is starting to subside. I hope it works for you.

Overwhelming Smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 27 2013 | Verified Purchase

It smells very different from my usual collagen I took from Japan. The highest the grade of the collagen, the faintness the smell. Reckon this is a lower grade collagen as the smell is really too strong and overpowering hence the cheaper price. Its difficult to drink despite mixing with juices, yoghurt etc. I will not repurchase. Took for 3weeks and don't see any different. All i know is it smells horrible and such a pain to drink it. Will not recommend unless you like very strong and intense stale fishy smell.

Relieve arthritis

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2010 | Verified Purchase

It's works for my painful joint but the smell is too strong.

Broke me out.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 9 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was loving this product until after about one week of taking it. Light smell like any protein powder, dissolve very quickly with any liquid. Very easy for me to take every morning. My skin became plumper after about 2-3 days of taking it. However, at the end of about a week, I started to break out all over my face. So, I stopped taking it and waited for about a week, just to when my skin cleared up, then started back on it again. Same thing, broke out after about a week. My skin is not sensitive and I don't really have acne problem. So I'm certain that my pimples/acne were from this product.

Haven't notice any added value

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have bought it based on other positive reviews. I am finishing the second container, however, haven't noticed any difference, e.g. improved skin, so far.

I've been using this product for more than a month and am not sure I see much difference in my overall connective tissue strength and support

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 24 2007 | Verified Purchase

same

Probably a waste of money

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product dissolved easily in my coffee and I didn't notice any taste to it. However, I only took this for about a month, so not long enough to see if it really improved my hair and nails, but what I did notice was that it seemed to be causing me to gain weight so I quit taking it. Not the product for me apparently.