5 * product for increasing progesterone but read on

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If we are using for low progesterone-high estrogen problem, this product is fantastic. However, there will be a time when things get normal based completely on the person's body / metabolism/ health. Now when this happens, the "excess" progesterone problem will manifest in the form of deep depression, very dark moods, generalized pain and oh yeah weight gain! Gain may be 3-4 lbs however it will be like dragging a water reservoir while walking! Please take this review seriously and use this product with the help of a doctor only. I am still giving this product 5 stars as it can 'quickly' repair low progesterone issues.

PCOS saver!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have PCOS and I take Vitex religiously everyday, 2x400mg in the morning in empty stomach. At first I was disappointed, because it made my cycle even longer. But this is how Vitex works, it takes some time to regulate your hormonal system. When I stopped Vitex cold turkey in the middle of one cycle, my progesterone dropped so low, that I had my period 7 days after ovulation (not a good thing). Although it does not contain hormones, it acts supportively. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Couldn't get pregnant for 10 months after having been off the pill. I took this for about a month and got pregnant.

Vitex works for Hot flashes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm 53 and started taking this because I was having hot flashes and I had fibroids in breast and uterus that were causing problems, after about 6 weeks I noticed a difference and after 3 months all is well, only some bleeding every 2 months from uterine fibroids but it was once a month so I am hoping it stops altogether over time. No more pain in my breast am taking serrapeptase and vitex. The two are working well along with God answering my prayers about this though supplementation. And iherb and reviews have help me find things for my overall health.

Helps with PCOS, but need to be patient

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have non-insulin resistant PCOS(Vitex might not work for those who have insulin resistant PCOS) and took this as instructed on the bottle(3 capsules/day for 12 weeks and then down to 1 capsule/day). After three frustrating months of no period at all, I finally got one. I still have to see if this product will regulate my cycle yet, but so far I'm hopeful - my acne-prone skin definitely got better(but no magical change as some people say). Some of you may see its effect right away - in a couple of weeks/months but it took nearly 14 weeks for me. After all, they say that best results are obtained with continuous, long-term use, but waiting can be hard. Just be patient and let Vitex sort you out. ------- it truly works! My periods are regulated from +90 days to 31-32 days. I am extremely grateful. This does wonders.

My face is zit free!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started taking Vitex two weeks ago and so far so good. I have had acne problems all my adult life. I`m 44 now and experiancing perimenopause symptoms since batlleing Breast Cancer last year. I had my homones tested and wanted to go natural to treat my symptoms. I never thought that Vitex would hep with my acne. No zits, no red bloches, my face is soft and clear. The dry patches of skin on my arms and back have cleared as well. Plus Vitex has boosted my energy and my mood. I feel happier and things dont bother me. Thank you!

Miracle worker

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have had consistent facial break outs for over 30 years, I knew it had something to do with my hormones but nothing I tried ever helped. It took a month or two, but it cleared up my skin completely!! A true miracle!!!

Great for Menopause

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this Vitex for about 2-3 years and it helped with PMS and now menopause.

Vitex & TTC

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

After more than 1.5 year of TTC, I found out that my female hormones were out of balance predicting I (age 38) was not ovulating. After 12 weeks of using Vitex (once daily) I became pregnant. I strongly belief that Vitex helped my body get the hormonal balance I needed. Wishing everyone using Vitex a successful story and allow their bodies get healthy and functional.

Fighting PCOS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Great product! When I first was diagnosed with PCOS I was decided to try with Vitex. At first I was very sceptical. In the very begining I took three caps. per day. 10 days after I had my period back and was regular every 34 days. The dose from three caps. I had took three months and after the third months I drop the dose to 1 caps then I had a delay /54 days/ and after that my cycle bcome regularl 28-30 days. The problem was I experienced a brest pain 7-10 days before my period. In the end of the first three monts when I took 3 caps I investigate some of my hormons. Below I'll show the results before to start with Vitex and three months after: Glucose 5.53 mmol\l / 3.8-6.1/ Cholesterol tolal 6.47 mmol\l up to 5.0 Triglicerides 0.68 mmol\l up to 1.7 Cholesterol HDL 1.89 mmol\l more than 1.2 Cholesterol LDL 4.3 mmol\l up to 3.0 Cholesterol VLDL 0.3mmol\l Insulin 8.9 mkU\ml up to 15 Anrostendion 5.4 ng/ml 0.40-3.40 Prolactin 160.17 mlU/l 90-523 LH 9.6IU/l 1.9-8.0 FSH 6.39 IU/l 2.4-9.3 Estradiol 0.003 nmo\l 0.08-0.79 Testosreron 1.78 nmol\l 0.18-2.55 Blood was taken 3-5 day from the menstural cycle 21 day of the cycle: Progesteron: 2.00 nmol\l \ref.rang. 16.6 – 122.8\ These are the first investigation. And as well I have ultrasound. So I was diagnosed with PCOS. 15.09. 2011 – 15.12.2011 I took Nature’s way Vitex fruit 400 mg three times a day /1200 mg daily/. This dose was on the bottle after these three monts one must to drop the dose to 400 mg; What happend: I had my cycle back every 34 days but my breast was very painful. I did blood work but only progesteron and prolactin: progesteron: 40.79 nmol\l Prolactin 991.8 mIU/l High I drop the dose to 400 mg per day then the breast pain wasn’t so bad. My cycle was 28-33 days. 16.02.12 /3-5 day of cycle/ Prolactin 593.36 mlU\l Ref.range 90-523 LH 5.2 IU/l 1.9-8.0 FSH 4.89 IU/l 2.4-9.3 Estradiol 0.21 nmol/l 0.08-0.79 Androstendion 4.5 ng/ ml 0.4-3.4 7.03.12 /21 day of cycle/ Progesteron 27.82 nmo/l / ref. 16.6- 122/ Till the middle of July I took the same dose 400 mg Vitex fruit but I decide to drop the dose because of the breast pain and I switched to Natural Factors, Vitex Chasteberry Extract, 80 mg, 90 Capsules but I take 2 caps per day – 160 mg per day. Fist cycle was on 31st day but I suppose because of the first produst Vitex fruit 400 mg; next cycle was on 35th day and now it will be more than 36 days and as well the breast pain is the same. VITEX WORK AS YOU SEE AND INCREASE YOUR PROGESTERON LEVELS FROM 2 NMOL\L TO 4O NMOL/L.