Unhealthy synthetic vitamins

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 9 2009 | Verified Purchase

These vitamins might have a lot of stuff in them but they are mainly synthetic. Ergocalciferol is Vitamin D-2 which blocks D-3 (cholecalciferol) the healthy type of vitamin D. These may make you feel energized at first, but over time, they will deplete your body from all the synthetic ingredients. That would explain the reason for their low price; you get what you pay for.......

20,06 USD in this moment at Vitacost, Good Bye Iherb

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

i must say that iherb lost me as a client, i compare all products that i bought with the price from the competitor, Vitacost and here everything have high price the diffrence is always huge take this example: this ALIVE product cost 31,49 $ at Iherb, and 20,06 $ at Vitacost (the same product, same 180 tablets) its a shame this

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

This supplement came out whole in the toilet. My stomach could not digest it at all.

Extremely Hard to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 9 2012 | Verified Purchase

I can not vouch for the efficacy of this product as I just started using it about a month ago. My gripe about this product is that it is very hard for me to swallow and about half the time I end up chewing it to get it down. It has a fairly strong taste that is somewhat unpleasant. I have no problem swallowing other tablets about the same size, but these are soft gels and are much easier to swallow. One of the problems with these tabs is that they start dissolving almost immediately which makes the surface rough and even harder to swallow. I do not recommend this product for anyone who has any problems swallowing.

These vitamins made me sick

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 16 2009 | Verified Purchase

caused nausea, headache, gas, and fatigue.

Unclear expiry date

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 3 2015 | Verified Purchase

I bought this size cos I found the expiry date is August 2016. Yet, the product I received expired in April 2016. Disappointed.

Definitely not suitable for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 23 2014 | Verified Purchase

I got many symptoms: sweating and freezing at the same time, insomnia, gas, heart pounding fast, muscle ache, fever and uneasy feelings. I guess I have to buy every vitamin separately from now on. I suffer from hypothyroidism and I take medication for that. Perhaps that's one reason why I got the horrible symptoms. :(

I took it on faith

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 10 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have no way of knowing weather your product is good or bad. I can only say that I did not notice any adverse reaction or positive symptoms when using it.

Can't Swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 30 2016 | Verified Purchase

Tablets too big to swallow, choking not appreciated.

Strong Heartburn

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2015 | Verified Purchase

It gives me bad heartburn i couldn't stand. I've tried taking ONLY 1 tablet WITH food but i could feel a strong heartburn even few hours later than i took it. After reading the label, it does contain ALA (alpha lipoic acid) and i've tried the pure form and it does upset my stomach.

1 2 3