Seems to work. Not magical, but worthy. You should try this.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 29 2015 | Verified Purchase

I usually suffered from bad/depressive mood and poor sleeping. I take half a tablet (50 mg) in the dinner. If I take it in the morning I notice some drowsiness through the day. After a month or so I believe it has shown a remarkable effect, although not huge. I keep a diary in which I write down every day how I felt, slept, my mood, external factors/situations that may have impacted me, and so on. Reviewing all the notes from my diary several weeks before ans after start using this product it is noticeable an improvement in my sleep quality, mood, etc. Nowadays I feel better, have more positive thoughts in general, more capable of managing stress and ordinary life's problems that seemed impossible to overcome few weeks ago. My circadian rhythm is much better regulated now: I can wake up earlier, feel fuller of energy during the daytime, and feel earlier the need to sleep. Now I know that that disorder I had in my circadian rhythm was another symptom of depression... I would recommend TO TRY this product to everyone with some depressive mood and/or circadian rhythm sleep disorder, however I strongly suggest TO KEEP A RECORD OF ITS EFFECTS and judge after some weeks whether 5-HTP is helping you or not.

Good TR 5-htp

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 14 2011 | Verified Purchase

seems to work better for me than regular 5-htp

it worked

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

i ve been suffering from depression and insomnia since i ve broked up with my bf. it is hard to maintain ordinary life but after started to take this, i ve felt better and helped me to sleep well and also i can get along with friends and people. it works.

Sleep better

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14 2010 | Verified Purchase

These do help me stay asleep longer and go back to sleep if I wake up.

Works very well for some people

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 19 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is working well for my brother, who bought about 5 different brands at once and cycled through them, settling on this one for its results. (He experience quite a range of results) I didn't give it a long enough try to give a solid opinion, though intuitively I feel it might unbalance my brain chemistry... I will only try again if my HIIT exercise routine fails at providing a better mood, which it never does. Though would experiment with Rhodiola 1st (New Chapter) before trying this again.

This 5-HTP a fantastic product

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product helps me to relive my depression and calm my mind. When you compare with ordinary antidepressant, it has almost no side effect, if you take with meal. It also helps me to control my appetite. The good things about Natrol, 5-htp it is time release.

so far, so good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13 2015 | Verified Purchase

Natrol always deliver a good product, and so far this is no exception. Time release is a great feature, and value for money is fantastic.

love the brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 12 2014 | Verified Purchase

Love this brand and it's the only brank I found with time-release 5-htp. But 5-htp didn't work for me. Only lexapro works for me... It's worth to try because it's natural and if you are lucky you will stop the ssri's

Fine product

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is probably a fine product but it didn't have the desired effect for us. Was taking it for teenage depression and compulsive behavior and insomnia. Didn't seem to help any of those.

excellent value

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 16 2011 | Verified Purchase

Because of its time release, I use less of this product. It's been very beneficial for sleep and depression. Not the end all and be all, however.

1 2