prepare for hell

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2009 | Verified Purchase

This stuff particularly if you are sensitive, can mess with your balance and make you irritable depressed and confused like it did me. However I've heard mixed things from other people so I wouldn't write it off completely, it can be very beneficial to people especially those with low serotonin, before taking anti-depressants for depression get your serotonin blood test done if its low try this first. If you have trouble sleeping this stuff will help, best to start with a lower dose for first timers thou. All the best!!

Extremely difficult to regulate

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 23 2010 | Verified Purchase

I say this in reference to 5-htp in general really. I tried this time release version (great idea) as well as a 50 mg instant release version for a period of 14 days or so. Trying the different dosages on different days and different times. 5-htp relaxes me like no other but if I take it at night, I can't sleep. If I take it in the morning, I can't think my way out of a cardboard box. Love the idea of 5-htp and the relaxation but I couldn't effectively place it in my regiment. It is important to recognize that Rx can often be a more productive therapy as you more or less get the effects you expect and at least it is consistant. Playing around with herbs and amino acids has been more than frustrating for me. I find that what works on one day may have the opposite effect the next.

too strong (50mgs better)

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 16 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this and the regular 50mg capsules. I feel like all I need is the 50 mg daily. First day, I took 150 mg over the recommended time period, including the 100mg time-release and felt a little high, but not in a fun way. I am still playing with the dosage and timing, but I definitely feel like less is more with 5-HTP.

VERY HAPPY

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 1 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good product, good price and good delivery :D I'm a happy customer.

Natrol 5-htp

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 10 2008 | Verified Purchase

Like this.... Helps with your mood. Good product. You won't feel crazy anymore.

I did not felt any major difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 24 2017 | Verified Purchase

I took 2 and even 3 tables but i did not felt any major difference.

Insomnia, no change

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 10 2017 | Verified Purchase

Trying lots of things for insomnia, but these didnt help. Might as well have been sugar pills.

Not Sure

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 27 2017 | Verified Purchase

I don't have depression or else , bought it to stop food craving. The first day it did work well for me , was starving for chocolate took one Tablet on empty stomach 15 minutes later food cravings was gone . Did sleep ok had more dreams as usual. The next day was weird I heard at YouTube that taking it together with fish oil could be beneficial so I had lunch and two fish oil capsules with 5 htp then 10 min after taking it I got a weird panic feeling I was to scared to have a nap! It turned into a full blown panic attack could nearly not handle it anymore! I studied psychology and did know how to manage but it wasn't easy. It continued for 4 hours I guess until the 5 hpt did wear off . I might give it a try again the first day it worked well . Maybe the fish oil did cause an weird interaction with it . Not sure about cutting the tables in half because they time release this could affect it .

Not so good for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 30 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used it 3 times for work, but instead of give me some inspiration to do my job, it makes me sleep :(

Made me sleepy and off feeling

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 1 2017 | Verified Purchase

Maybe I need to try this with something else, or maybe a serotonin deficiency was not my problem..,just felt tired and not like myself but only took for a few days..

1 2