Natrol, 5-HTP TR, Time Release, 100 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had been using Now's 5-htp 100mg once daily at night for years. It helped with my depression, anxiety, food cravings, and stopped my migraine headaches. I tried Natrol's Time Released 5-htp for several weeks last month and developed daily nausea and started to feel down/sad again. Once I switched back to Now's 5-htp, the nausea stopped and my feelings improved.

Not for insomia.

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 6 2012 | Verified Purchase

I couldn't sleep for 3,4 hours at night. I stopped to take it after 3 days. I think I was more happy on the first day but after that just tired.

No noté nada

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 3 2014 | Verified Purchase

No noté ningún cambio en mi estado de animo

bad side effects

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 31 2010 | Verified Purchase

I couldn't sleep at all because it gave me restless legs syndrome. It was really too much in terms of side effects. I dropped it after 2 days. It was my first time trying 5-HTP, I can't compare it to other brands.

Yes and no

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 12 2016 | Verified Purchase

Pros: It is doing what it is supposed to be - it is making me calm and with no worries, day goes by perfect. Cons" terrible stomach ache plus heartburn. I am sensitive to 5htp. I thought this one having delayed release will make a difference. After one pill it took me 3 days of Ulcetrol and Glutamine to fix my stomach back to normal. For some reason it is like drinking acid; I don't want to take another pill, but if I will be desperate I will try taking it with Losec.