Great oil, not so good packaging

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've used my fair share of oils as skincare (argan, rose hip, emu, tamanu etc) and I love this oil. It seems to be best among others at soothing my eczema. However, I'm not too fond of the new bottle with the pump instead of the dropper. It's so much harder to control the amount that comes out. Hope Acure reads this and change it back to the old bottle! One star deducted because of the bottle, otherwise the product is great.

Wonderful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I haven't been using this very long, and I may update my review after some more time. However after just a few weeks of use (as a face moisturizer) I already feel very positive about this product. I've been using grapeseed oil, and sometimes coconut oil, as a moisturizer for some time but decided I really seriously wanted to banish my slight recurring breakouts and small acne scars. My skin hasn't magically become perfect, but I did notice right away that this oil has a very balancing, matte effect and absorbs easily without being greasy. It feels soothing when applied to my skin.I've also noticed a diminishment in some old scars and imperfections on my face. I've been using it over a new glycolic acid cream, so it's hard to tell which has been having the greatest positive effect, but either way- it's helping! I love the tiny, pretty bottle and that the pump dispenses only a small, controlled amount at a time. The oil has no smell (positive or negative) that I've noticed.

Suitable for dry or mature skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Can't say much about this for the face because I realized soon after ordering it that my skin type wasn't really suitable for this. Marula oil has a high oleic acid content (70%) which is great for dry skin, while my skin is more oily. However, if you have dry skin, you should try this. Marula oil is very healing, great for sealing in moisture and even contains vitamin C for collagen production and reducing hyperpigmentation. These properties were originally why I purchased it! I use this on my hair instead. I sometimes mix it with coconut and castor oil for hair masking too.

Great oil for face!

Posted by LovelyHoney on Feb 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like marula oil a lot! I use it on my face during the winter nights to give my skin some extra moisture. It glides on nicely, seems light textured and it doesn't clogg pores. I would say it is good "default oil" for face both dry and oily, because it is not heavy. It has a light nutty scent and it is great as carrier for other oils, such as seabuckthorn seed oil or tamanu. Itself alone is not the miracle-worker neither for fine lines or skin problems like acne, but it gives the skin much needed moisture and elasticity on cold months. Great job Acure!

Good, but ants are attracted to it

Posted by amandateng on Jun 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Been using it for a week. Like the not-very-oily texture. Went over to Brunei, left it on the table a few times after use. But came back one day to find an army of ants all over it. Thank goodness the oil and the pump are separate. Think ants are attracted to Marula oil. Would be better if the bottle came with a plastic cap over the pump, that way ants will not swamp over it.

A GOOD PRODUCT FOR THE SKIN

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

VERY LIGHT AND EASILY ABSORBED. I USE IT AS A SERUM

Nice oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Nice oil, like the dispenser pump as its very handy and hygenic. Better than dropper.s. Keeps the oil longer fresh. The smell is a bit nutty but pleasant. Hope it will keep my skin well nourished and plumb. Have used it too short to see visible improvement yet. But at least it does not break me out. Viscosity is quite thick would have loved it more thinner/fluidly. Absorption in skin is ok. Price quality is very good.

Very good cosmetic oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I took this little pump-dispenser bottle of marula travelling and it did a decent job moisturing my facial skin, but I wouldn't say it was more amazing than, say, baobab or jojoba or argan (the other oils I've tried).

Not my favorite, but not my least favorite.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This oil did not break me out, but I didn't really notice any differences with my skin. I won't be ordering this again, but I do love Acure products!

Excellent price for Marula Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a nice facial oil. Very hydrating and good for sensitive/irritated skin. It is slightly on the greasy side, so you may consider trying Rosehip oil if you want some lighter. Marula Oil is actually a top skincare ingredient (from what I have read) and Acure sells it at an almost unbeatable price. The only small issue is that the pump does not squirt out the oil smoothly, but rather in a quick shot so it easy to loose some of the product.