- Protein + Plus
- High Protein
- Lower Fat
- Made with USA-Grown Peanuts
- Twelve Percent Fat
- Light Roast
- Certified Gluten Free
Protein Plus roasted peanut flour provides a healthful, lower-fat and gluten-free boost to a variety of foods. It is a great thickener for soups, a flavorful and aromatic ingredient for breads and pastries, as well as a creative coating for meats, fish and other center-of-the-plate dishes. Plus, peanut flour is a good source of vitamin E, folate, fiber, niacin, magnesium and phosphorus.
Protein Plus is located in the heart of Peanut Country America's peanut farmer not only grow our product; they are part of our company. We insist on USA-grown peanuts in the making of our premium, all-natural peanut flour so you get the best quality and flavor.
Energy for the good life.
Gluten-Free Peanut Fish Fillets
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup 12% fat, light roast peanut flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence or fines herbes
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces of your favorite fish
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup gluten-free mayonnaise, such as Hellman's
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 lemon wedges
- In a shallow plate or pie plate, combine cornmeal, peanut flour, peanuts and herbs; mix well.
- In another shallow plate, beat egg whites with 2 teaspoons water.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over fish. One oat a time, dredge fish fillet in cornmeal mixture, patting to coat. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add fish; sauté 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, pickle, mustard and, if desired, pepper sauce. Serve fish with sauce and lemon wedges.
Manufacture in a facility that uses peanuts.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 15|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Total Fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000- calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.